There's currently an additional delay in synchronizing the maven artifacts from
Apache Repository (https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases)
to Maven Central (https://repo1.maven.org/maven2).
Usually this step completes in a few hours. The SLA for this is 24 hours.

It's possible to use the Apache Repository in Maven or Gradle to access the
artifacts until the synchronization has completed. The URL for the Apache
Repository is
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases .

I have made a query to ASF Infra about the delay so that possible errors are
resolved asap.

-Lari