Hi, xiangying.

I agree with cherry-picking the historical branch. This change in behavior
is as expected, and it can indeed be understood as a bug.

We can cherry-pick them all together after fixing all unstable tests.

Currently, the only test I see is this one:
- https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/22351

Thanks,
Baodi Shi