Hi,

In Apache Pulsar, we use the OWASP Dependency-Check maven plugin to report
vulnerabilities in dependencies in apache/pulsar GitHub Actions workflows.

The Dependency Check maven plugin will download the NVD database which takes a
long time. In Apache Pulsar GitHub Actions workflows, we cache the Dependency
Check database to speed up the process. However, recently the download has been
so slow that the download doesn't complete in time so that it could be cached.
workflow runs:
https://github.com/apache/pulsar/actions/workflows/ci-owasp-dependency-check.yaml

There's a warning in the logs that suggests getting an API key.
"Warning:  An NVD API Key was not provided - it is highly recommended to use an
NVD API key as the update can take a VERY long time without an API Key"

On ASF Slack, I have asked the ASF Infra team for recommendations for
addressing this problem.

-Lari