Dear Pulsar community,

I want to draw your attention to the Apache Pulsar project's release
policy and supported release versions, which are documented at
https://pulsar.apache.org/contribute/release-policy/.

Key points to note:

1. Time-based Release Policy: We follow a time-based release plan,
which is detailed on the release policy page [1].

2. No Separate End-of-Support Announcements: Going forward, the Apache
Pulsar project won't make separate announcements for end-of-support or
end-of-life of specific release version branches. This information is
already provided in our release policy schedule [1].

3. Potential for Additional Releases: For example, active support for
3.2.x ended on August 5th, 2024. The last planned release for 3.2.x
was 3.2.4 [2]. While 3.2.4 was the last planned release, our policy
allows for additional releases under certain circumstances:

"The Apache Pulsar project may provide ad hoc releases for some older
patch versions, depending on resource availability, time constraints,
or the severity of an issue, such as a significant CVE. These releases
would be provided on a 'best-effort' basis."

Currently Supported Versions:
Please review the release policy page [1] for the most up-to-date
information on support timelines.
At present, the only actively supported release branches are 3.0.x
(LTS) and 3.3.x. Active support for all other release branches has
ended within the Apache Pulsar project. Commercial vendors around
Apache Pulsar offer paid options for users requiring security and bug
fix support for previous release branch versions.

Next LTS version 4.0 is scheduled for October 10th, 2024:
In our time-based release policy, we make a Long Term Support (LTS)
release every 18 months.
There's a thread on the dev mailing list about the Pulsar 4.0.0
release timeline [3].

Future Support Decisions:
There are currently no plans to extend support for older versions of
Apache Pulsar. However, this might change in the future. All project
decisions are made on the Apache Pulsar dev mailing list [4]. Everyone
in the community, regardless of committer status, is welcome to
participate in these decisions, following the Apache Way [5].

Best regards,
Lari

[1] https://pulsar.apache.org/contribute/release-policy/
[2] https://lists.apache.org/thread/7ws4p8mobzvnmnt3xmv97y9p6m7mfzmd