On Thu, 26 Sept 2024 at 09:49, Yubiao Feng
<yubiao.f...@streamnative.io.invalid> wrote:
> - I think `3.0` is a long-term supported version, since the PIP is very
> useful, I want to cherry-pick it into `branch-3.0`
> - `3.3` is not a long-term supported version, so the PIP will be released
> with the next feature release quickly, so I want to skip it

In general, it's not a great idea to have features in 3.0.x that are
not in 3.3.x since that could potentially cause migration issues.
Someone using 3.0.x might be depending on these and face surprises
when upgrading to 3.3.x. This might not be a real issue, but that's
one of the reasons why we keep the newer maintained branches in sync,
and there's an unwritten rule to cherry-pick to newer branches along
the way.
I'd suggest that we keep following this principle unless there's a
clear reason not to do it. As long as 3.3.x is supported (until Dec
5th, 2024 according to our release policy page [1]), let's keep
maintaining it consistently.

-Lari

1 - https://pulsar.apache.org/contribute/release-policy/