While we are at it, can we also think of "persistent://"? PIP-11  covers
this only for limited use cases.

Maybe shorten it to p://? That will be 9MB for a million topics, in ZK
strings  (more with utf8).

In general the topic names are a sap on space. With a 200 byte name, its
about 10M of strings in memory just for topic names, on a broker serving
50K topics. Using a hash of the name seems much better.

Joe