2009/1/14 Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>:

> On the c++ side I would personally like to see a relatively light list of
> features (selectors, priorities) with more focus on consolidation (e.g.
> ensuring that federation, clustering, ssl, sasl security layers, rdma etc
> all work well in combination) and perhaps some work on performance.
>
> I'd also like to make sure we have plenty of time so that we can ensure the
> out-of-box experience across all components (individually and as a
> collective) is as good as we can make it.
>
> One specific question I'd like to raise is getting interop between all
> components. I think that is a very important goal. Can we manage it for the
> next release? I think the best way to do that would be 0-10 support for the
> java broker.

I completely agree with all of this. I think qpid has a very good
featureset now (the two items listed above for C++ would definitely be
worth adding though) and the key now must be to broaden adoption by
ensuring that everyone can start using it quickly. This would include
things like ensuring qpid works well with Mule, CXF etc. as well as
any .NET WCF frameworks.

RG