Marnie McCormack wrote:
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for all this ! The C++ docs are looking good (so much more
comprehensive). Overall the site has come on loads, and it's great to see it
looking so much more rounded.

Thanks!

I've updated a few of these pages to add details on the Java side, and
separate some of the details out a little by broker (as per the
conversations on Users). I have also pulled some of the important Java
documentation up to the top as it has gotten a little buried in some of the
re-orgs.

Excellent!

I'd prefer not to be separating components from the same release out by AMQP
version as I think it sends the wrong signal and is not how we actually make
releases i.e. we released M4 not AMQP 0-10.

Hmmm, I think I disagree. The two servers support different protocols, various parts of our M4 release are incompatible with each other, and that's a big surprise for the user if they don't know what to expect. In an ideal world, everything in one release is compatible with everything else. That's why I like being very clear about this.

For instance, suppose a user just follows the instruction on the Getting Started page. They get a broker (pick one of 2), get a client, run the examples, and it doesn't work. Ooops. If we want to make it easier for the user to get started, we want to make sure they see this coming and know how to get compatible pieces.

I'd rather just be able to tell our users that everything in a given release is compatible with everything else in the same release, but that's not realistic this time around.

Some of the information is becoming a little low level i.e on the download
page we have pre-built Linux packlages with instructions but there's no info
on what these actually are and some are rhm messaging instructions ? I think
this stuff should probably be shipped onto the C++ pages or headlined more
clearly

This section is for the binaries available for free on Fedora. How would you suggest headlining them more clearly?

Jonathan