>> Things that concern me are the:
>>  inability to view/manage messages via the console.
>>

> Agreed this would be desirable, though I made the decision that I would
> leave JMX support of 0-10 to post 0.6 releases.  In particular I want to
> explore how we do our management a little more with a view to more closely
> aligning with the QMF mechanism used by the C++ broker.  Long term  we want
> to be able to use a single toolset to manage the Java and C++ brokers

Yes having the same management framework for both brokers would be a
huge win for us.
There is a decent set of tools for QMF within and outside of Qpid.
It would be nice to see if the Java Broker could leverage them.
On the same token the eclipse plugging and the JMX based tools on the
Java project could be used to manage the c++ broker.
A unified management strategy for our brokers augers well with the
whole AMQP story.

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat