I've just noticed (after several hours of puzzling about what was
screwing up my git branch history) that there are a number of branches
and tags that omit the top level, redundant "qpid" directory.

Now I'm for getting rid of uselessness like this as much as the next guy
(and I'm in fact responsible for at least one of these tags myself).
However it totally screws up git-svn's ability to figure out the correct
branching structure of the project (and frankly git-svn is the best tool
able to visualise this) so I'm a little unhappy it's broken into 2
pieces.

I don't think this can be fixed now in the existing tree, but can we
please, please, please remember when doing "svn cp" to do something
like:

svn cp -r895736 https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/branches/0.6-release

[The -r is useful to make sure you know exactly which revision you are
branching or tagging]

Andrew