On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 10:33 +0000, Andrew Stitcher wrote:

> I also propose to run the vote until Tue 9 Feb 2010. At that point I
> will total the votes.

Well it's now, Thurs 11 Feb, and I've had only +2. So the vote is not
passed.

I don't think this could have been released in any case as there appear
to be a very large number of files without the correct licensing text in
them. The output from the RAT tool is really too voluminous at present
for me to go through it file by file and figure out what's going on.
There must be 200-300 files highlighted there.

At this point I'm loosing the will to carry out the release manager job.
So I'll take suggestions/analysis how to understand/fix the licensing
issue.

I especially think it's extremely poor that we could have even accepted
this number of files into qpid without licenses - how are we going to
ensure that it doesn't remain an ongoing problem?

RAT output:

http://people.apache.org/~robbie/qpid/0.6/0.6rc5_rat_output.txt

Andrew