On 09/20/2010 11:05 AM, Kerry Bonin wrote:
On the C++ Broker, just remember that the technology choice made for
clustering (OpenAIS/Corosync) is a Linux only solution, and that
codebase (~100k SLOC) was not written for portability.

Our project needs a Windows option, and this is already hurting us.  I
(and my team) would be willing to spend some cycles supporting any
reasonable effort to address this, even if its not C++...

On portability: I think it would not be difficult to abstract the C++ cluster to run over a different virtual synchrony library. If there is such a library on windows it would probably pay to make the existing code portable rather than fork a completely new cluster solution. It would be beneficial to have more people testing the same core cluster code rather than spreading the effort over separate code bases, and very beneficial to have more eyes on that code.

I'm getting together some thoughts on how the C++ cluster architecture code could be restructured for greater performance and maintainability which might be of interest. The general idea is to replicate a smaller and more clearly defined subset of broker state and to remove the need for identical ordering of messages on replicated queues. I'll try to get something written up this week.