On 22 November 2010 17:04, Jonathan Robie <jonathan.ro...@redhat.com> wrote:
> By the time someone reads this README, they have already extracted the
> archive. I think what we really want to do is tell them to set it to the
> place they have extracted it to.
>
> Perhaps /path/to instead of /home/me?
>
> I actually prefer 0.8 instead of <version>. I don't think we have ever had
> two consecutive versions where these instructions worked without change,
> someone has to review them each time anyway. If there's a fixed release
> number, it makes it that much more obvious that we need to do this.

I still think using a placeholder, either <install-directory> or even
another environment variable, would be clearer. Also, I think we
should aim for documentation that works now, but with the intention
that it does *NOT* need changed every release and will, rather,
continue working...

Andrew.
--
-- andrew d kennedy ? edinburgh : +44 7941 197 134