As RC3 has now been out for a week without call for blocking changes to be
made, it seems like it is time for a vote.

If you haven't already got it, RC3 can now be found for download at:
http://people.apache.org/~robbie/qpid/0.8/RC3/

It was produced from r1037942 of the 0.8-release-candidates branch.

The output from running RAT across the 'full release' archive can be found
at the following URL:
http://people.apache.org/~robbie/qpid/0.8/0.8rc3_rat_output.txt

The changes since RC2 were:
- Updates to various RELEASE_NOTES files
- Updates to/addition of various README files
- Remove a few redundant or out of date scripts/README files from Java tree
- Update to avoid error in the cpp hello_xml example
- Make the ruby hello example executable
- QPID-2914: python address parser doesn't recognize None
- QPID-2947: update slf4j to allow using the Java client package
out-of-the-box
- QPID-2948: Generated API docs have extraneous macro names in method
signatures
- QPID-2950: stop incorrectly logging an expected exception during
DerbyMessageStore closure

The rules for release voting are summarised as follows: based on majority
approval but officially only that requires three +1 votes be cast in order
to release, and it is not possible to veto a release. The process is covered
at: http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes

This vote will close at 3pm GMT on Saturday 4th December 2010 (i.e. 72.5 hrs
from now), after which I will tally the votes.

Please indicate your response by replying to this email either with a '+1,
0, -1' type answer, or by checking a box in the below options:

[ ] Yes, release RC3 as Qpid 0.8
[ ] No, I have an issue which I'll discuss in a new thread.

Thanks,
Robbie