On 03/08/2011 09:22 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
Hi.  I've updated the release page[1] with a link to our beta
distribution, taken at revision 107887 from the 0.10 branch:

http://people.apache.org/~gsim/qpid-0.10-beta/

This one also includes the qmf and tools source tarballs, which were
missing from the alpha.

The current patch for the release script is in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3124 .

I've tested qpid-cpp-0.10-beta.tar.gz, qpid-python-0.10-beta.tar.gz, qpid-java-0.10-beta.tar.gz, qpid-qmf-0.10-beta.tar.gz and qpid-tools-0.10-beta.tar.gz so far...

Everything builds/installs/runs ok, with the minor exception of the c++ examples. I botched the move for this a little and they still install into their original locations. I'll be proposing a patch for review to fix this.

The qmf and tools tarballs still have 0.9 in the base directory and version field in PKG_INFO.

The examples (python and c++), qpid-perftest, qpid-latencytest, qpid-bench (from java) and python utils all run against the c++ broker without problems, as do the python tests.

Likewise against the java broker the examples run ok, as do the various perf test utilities. The python tests show one or two errors[1] and hang on one test[2] (will dig a bit further into those issues). The qmf based command line utilities (as expected) work only patchily; qpid-config will add and delete ok, but listings don't seem to work accurately (give duplicates and miss out available queues).

[1]
qpid.tests.messaging.endpoints.AddressTests.testDeleteSpecial
qpid.tests.messaging.endpoints.SessionTests.testCommitAck
qpid.tests.messaging.endpoints.SessionTests.testDoubleCommit

[2]
qpid.tests.messaging.endpoints.SessionTests.testReject