Hi, everyone. The beta distribution, from revision 1298344 of the 0.16 branch, is now available:

  http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.16-beta/

I smoke tested the python, cpp, java, qmf, and tools components on Fedora 16 x86_64. I encountered trouble only with the cpp tests: the cmake build and the federation tests fail in my environment. All other components passed build, test, and install tests.

Please give the new beta a try in your environment.

Now that we've branched, changes on the release branch require review and approval. If you'd like to make a change, make sure you have a jira and send a mail to the dev list requesting inclusion. I'll dispatch the request for review and then approve it if all looks okay.

As to schedule: I'm sorry to say that I'm consistently running late against the declared 0.16 schedule, and some adjustments are required. RC1 is now set for the middle of next week, 21 March.

Thanks!
Justin

---
0.16 release page: https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/016-release.html