Andrew,

The reason the SVN integration was dropped was because the code that runs that
module was extremely inefficient.
We submitted a patch to Atlassian, which to my knowledge still has yet to be
applied, and until it is we cannot run it as the current code cannot cope with
a repo of >=1.4m revs.

So until that situation is resolved we will not run that code again, as it was
incredibly detrimental to the JIRA service.  If someone finds a *good* 3rd
party plugin, available via the Atlassian UPM we might consider that.  But I
have yet to see one.

There is *nothing* stopping you entering the JIRA issue into the commit log
anyway, thats seems like a good practice to me anyway. So when and if the
service is ultimately restored it will pick it up anyway.

Regards,
Tony

On 24 Jan 2013, at 21:04, Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Last July (2012) The Jira subversion integration was disabled.
>
> Speaking personally (and I expect for a good number of members of the
> qpid team) I'm finding it much harder to follow jiras into the changes
> that relate to them.
>
> Indeed, previously Qpid put in place a policy that led to most Qpid
> checkins having a related JIRA isuue number in the checkin log precisely
> to enable our tracking.
>
> Is there currently a plan to bring back the subversion integration?
> Alternatively I think we would be perfectly happy with an integration
> with the git mirror of the repository if that is easier.
>
> If there is no plan to resurrect any source code integration we will
> need to find some other way to relate the changes, and it would be good
> to know so we can kick off this work.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrew

Cheers,