On a number of occasions, I've been involved in Qpid changes that have
required rework because certain aspects of the design were not considered
early on.  To mitigate this, I'd like to add a Design Checklist to the Qpid
web site that we can all refer to, either when designing features or
reviewing other people's changes.

This is my proposed checklist of areas that should be considered when
starting a non-trivial piece of dev work:

   - Threading model
   - Memory management
   - Automated testing approach
   - Impact on public API, e.g.
      - Interoperability with implementations in other languages
      - Backwards compatibility
   - Performance implications
   - Security implications
   - Operational implications, e.g.
      - Logging
      - Monitoring
      - Management

I'd like to re-purpose
http://qpid.apache.org/qpid_project_etiquette_guide.html to include this
information, probably renaming it to something like "Qpid Project
Developers Guide".

What are people's views on this?

Also, do Justin's ongoing web site changes affect where this content should
go?

Thanks,
Phil