On 04/03/2013 10:23 AM, Fraser Adams wrote:
Not sure if this is the most recent mail in this thread I'm replying to, I saw a
couple in a different thread relating to Rob's nss observation, but my in-box is
a mess after my holiday so I'm currently trying to gain a semblance of order and
catch up a bit.

Anyway, Steve and Alan - you've won, I concede :-P the cmake Borg have
assimilated me :-)

I've just done an svn update and a fresh cmake build from scratch and I ended up
with a nice clean qpidd. Actually this has wound up being the cleanest build
I've ever had as previously with automake I'd had to set LDFLAGS to get it to
install on Ubuntu, but after the recent cmake updates you guys have done it's
all squeaky clean.

Nice!! Thanks!!!

One minor comment - and TBH it's been like this forever so isn't *really*
related to the cmake stuff, but here goes...

With the INSTALL instructions in qpid/qpid/cpp the "Building from a Source
Distribution" instructions are fairly near the bottom. I kind of see the logic
of that since the earlier sections are describing prerequisites, but I wonder if
it's worth moving the main install bit closer to the top with a line that says
something like "If you have not installed qpid previously see prerequisites
below". Similarly section "2.2.2. From Source" might be better in the
prerequisites section rather than the install section, I think that's
particularly worthwhile now because 2.2.2 is talking about an automake build for
the dependencies and the qpid install is now cmake. I know that I did a double
take when I skimmed through and assumed that the instructions hadn't been
updated for cmake until I read again.

Do you want to take a stab at a new version of INSTALL? Perhaps post it to the user list for comments. If nobody yells we'll commit it.