On 09/26/2014 11:43 AM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
I removed it because a previous commit had changed it to just return NULL.
I figured it would be better to break things than to fail silently. If this
is a problem I can add easily it back and convert what is held in the
condition into the error, but using the condition would be preferrable as
it can contain the full range of AMQP error information whereas the error
will just have a string description.

I've checked in a change for qpid-cpp.

However the change in proton means that proton 0.8 will not be compatible with the already released qpid-cpp 0.30. That will be an issue for downstream packagers.

It's not acceptable to break qpid-cpp packages on an update, so that would either prevent proton 0.8 packages being published or would require the 0.30 qpid-cpp packages to be patched first in order to do so.

So it's probably in proton's interest to leave a deprecated symbol in for backward compatibility as well.