Github user alanconway commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/pull/157

    I want to unit test connection_config::parse by parsing various configs
into connection_options, and then verifying that the connection_options
receives the correct values. connection_options public API is set-only, no
gets. I considered adding public get methods, if you think that's a good idea
too I'll do that.

    Otherwise the only thing you can do with connaction_options is apply them
to a connection. The connection, transport, sasl and ssl objects also have
mostly set-only interfaces, so that doesn't help.

    I could write test to verify the *effects* of the values by making a
connection, but I would much rather test parser as a unit, independently of
tests for SASL/TLS functionality. Currently there are no tests  for SASL or TLS
except the examples, I don't think connection parser tests are the right place
to add them.

---