On May 4, 2012, at 10:34 AM, Laurent wrote:

> As sad as I am to say this, "arr[x] = 3" is read quicker by the eye than
> "(vector-set! my-integer-array the-current-iterator the-number-three)"

I started saying this in 1988, when I requested from a Scheme implementor that
arrays should be treated as (finite) functions:

  (arr x) ~ (vector-ref arr x)

> An interesting idea would be to count the number of times each identifier is
> used in the sources, and see how many characters would be saved by using
> different conventions.

That sounds like a fantastic exercise for someone who is truly skilled at
scripting the shell with all kinds of find/wc/add knowledge.

Go for it. -- Matthias

  Racket Developers list:
  http://lists.racket-lang.org/dev