For at least third-party packages (though you might want something trickier for core Racket)...

I'm not a lawyer, but I figured that, for most packages I author, I probably don't *need* to include the full text of a well-known license (e.g., LGPLv3). Instead, I give the copyright notice, state that the license using the recognized full name of the license (and a URL), and then some disclaimers.

I include this legal info in metadata in "info.rkt", and McFly makes it appear automatically in the documentation (with, e.g., "LGPLv3" at the top of the document, and the free-form legal blurb at the end of the document). Example at: http://www.neilvandyke.org/racket-roomba/

I've started to also add a one-line copyright notice at the top of each source file in the package, something like ";; Copyright Neil Van Dyke. See file info.rkt." (I might have to move to a legal notice comment block at the top of each file, but I'd really rather not. Notice blocks don't seem to be a barrier to abuse anyway.)

Neil V.

 Racket Developers list:
 http://lists.racket-lang.org/dev