Sam Tobin-Hochstadt wrote at 04/26/2014 08:13 PM:
I'm confused about what you're suggesting, then. Is there a difference, under your suggestion, between opening DrRacket for the first time, entering `1` in the definitions window, and hitting run, and doing that same thing in an existing DrRacket where we've already selected "the Racket language"?

No difference. No default/preference setting for language. People will learn what they want and either type the "#lang" line, or click the button. Until people know what they want, they'll keep getting the explanatory dialog popup.

Neil V.

 Racket Developers list:
 http://lists.racket-lang.org/dev