Thanks for the vote, Nicholas!

On 10/10/18 10:43 PM, Tsz Wo Sze wrote:
> - untar and then "mvn install" does work for me.  It won't work if we
> run a second "mvn install" without clean.  "mvn install" works again
> after "mvn clean".  It seems not a problem.

Will have to investigate what's going on.

Questions:
- Should we post a rc for the binary?

I don't see any value for that, tbh. 99% of people are not going to know this even exists and will get it via Maven. In another line of thinking, the Maven repository I sent out "is" the binary release :)

- Now the project name becomes "Apache Ratis Thirdparty Parent" (and
the gz file name) instead of "Apache Ratis Thirdparty".  It is a
little odd.  How about using "Apache Ratis Thirdparty" for the root
module and "Apache Ratis Thirdparty Shaded" for the sub-module?  I am
fine if we do the rename later.

More than happy to revisit naming later on :). I wasn't able to come up with a good name for our general Ratis dependencies module. "Apache Ratis Thirdparty Shaded" is probably the forerunner, but I don't feel like it's very descriptive. Need to think about that some more :)