Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
On 19-07-11 02:35, Peter Firmstone wrote:
Uuid). The problem they ran into; the service and proxy needed to be
trust verified again after the connection was reestablished, but
permissions had already been granted. To make matters worse it was the

I think that we only reach an optimal trust situation when we reduce the jeri endpoint concept to a stream based solution, and transmit this stream in blocks, and run an TLS session over this stream.

In order to create this we could factor out of a current endpoint solution an abstract endpoint with an abstracted stream/block transport. We can then create concrete endpoint solutions where an transport is plugged into the endpoint. This transport could be fetched from a factory based on URL.

Gr. Sim

At this early stage, I'd like to keep it simple, I'm not looking at dynamic address lookup, thinking about it is an interesting exercise, so in the initial implementation, if the connection dies, that's it.

The Endpoint implementations I'm interested in are the SSLEndpoint's.

Do you think the service needs to know it's external NAT address prior to Exporting, or discovering it at Export time is good enough?

Only the ServerEndpoint needs to know the address to set into it's client Endpoint and I was thinking that could be performed by the ServerSocketFactory, when the Endpoint is given the Server's SocketAddress.

Because UDP is connectionless, it makes it easier for UDT to traverse NAT's, but it's worth noting that UDT uses connections, congestion control and retransmissions at the application level, to a NAT, it's just UDP.

Cheers,