Dan Creswell wrote:
Where "bug" is potentially a swallowed exception.

Reggie for the most part holds a writeLock for any significant
invocation from the client and events are dispatched via a
TaskManager. Seems like an unlikely source for problems. Am I right in
assuming the test itself is single-threaded? Sure looks like it is?

That would suggest to me a problem in the remote comms layer if
anywhere. My biggest worry would be that your permissions work is
leading to a security exception or similar and it's just being
swallowed.

Take that worry and combine it with the fact that the last failing
test does throw an exception and doesn't touch remote services or
indeed the JERI layer, I'd say this is the test to look at first and
perhaps we're not looking at an additional bug.

Nope, it's a concurrency bug, TaskManager would create task threads for the
events, the bug goes away when I activate security debug, there are no
permission failures.

Sure, it's a concurrency bug I just happen to think all the symptoms
point at the new code being the culprit. Activating all that security
debug reduces interleaving and such reducing the chance of e.g. a race
condition occurring.

Well, it's not livelock, it's not deadlock, although in one test I can induce deadlock (no progress, no cpu load) with the debugger, so it isn't a loop, or CAS, it's some kind of synchronization deadlock.

Considering I have trouble printing the ProtectionDomain in the debugger, could this be a stale reference, or is there no relation?

And the fact that there are no lost events unless your code is present
can cut both ways but the simplest explanation would be a bug in your
code not a bug in TaskManager which has virtually nothing to do with
security.
If there's a concurrency issue in my code, it's in DynamicPolicyProvider or one of the classes it uses, not ConcurrentPolicyFile, since this bug still occurs when I replace it with Sun's implementation.