I'm removing delgate implementations from apache river, in preparation for release, they cannot support compilation on both java 6 and 7 with the same source code. Delegates depend on reference collections, there's also some common security stuff, that could be broken out separately that Delegates require, eg PermissionComparator.

I propose three separate libraries, that can exist independantly of River releases:

  1. reference-collections
  2. delegates (depends on reference-collections and PermissionComparator).
  3. concurrent policy file provider, including PermissionComparator.

I've attached the public api for reference collections (this is my own local copy, it's AL2 licensed, it's a better documented than the copy in trunk at present), we can change the package path names later after we decide a suitable name, I'm thinking we might need to create a libs subproject for this stuff on svn.

Cheers,