There is of course one limitation on using SPKI authority certificates in a jar file, it gets a little impractical to for multiple entities to consume this service, it doesn't scale well, the jar file would become bloated with authority certificates for different domains.

Perhaps there might be some way instead for my friend (or a friend of a friend of a frend of mine) to sign the jar file and also provide a URI (or service with reflectiive proxy) where an authority certificate chain can be found with my public key? The authority certificate must be signed by my private key, so cannot be forged and the chain must lead to the certificate used to sign the jar file.

That might scale better?

Peter.