Hi drizzle.zk,

Currently, we have a precise way to find out cold data, please see
https://github.com/apache/rocketmq/issues/5837. And I agree with you that we
should stop prefetch CommitLog if it is not the latest file. Maybe we can use
madvise system call and MADV_FREE or MADV_DONTNEED flag.

Your response would be highly appreciated.
SSpirits
Email:ad...@lv5.moe<mailto:ad...@lv5.moe>
在 2023年2月10日 +0800 18:00,2017赵科 <464473...@qq.com.INVALID>,写道:
Hello RocketMQ Community:

We have plans to add Cold read control features can control the reading speed
of cold data so as to ensure the stability of the system.
We also have written the proposal, and you can see it by the link below:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P8JPX5b9CwYMlaFi_UBxqwxFoIiOXWuAEjV4yWdfFUw/edit?usp=sharing

Please welcome to reply to this email or comment on the proposal if you have
any questions or suggestions.

Thanks,
drizzle.zk

2017赵科