+1

On 7/13/14, 6:25 AM, Dave wrote:
Good idea.

- Dave

On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Team, I noticed our theme and theme stylesheet customization pages
offer two tabs--standard and mobile--for users to do their modifications,
even if they're not using a dual-theme approach (i.e., using a single
responsive theme good for all or an unresponsive theme where the blogger
doesn't care how it looks on a smartphone.)  It appears with the current
design the moment the user decides to make a customization he'll now need
to copy and maintain the modifications into both the mobile and standard
versions of the file, instead of just having one file to work with, messy
and unpleasant for those expecting to maintain just one set for their theme.

What I would like to do is for the theme descriptor file (theme.xml), to
add a new <dualTheme/> element which will default to false if missing.  All
of our themes except basic-mobile will have a dualTheme of false.  If the
value of this element is "true", the blogger will see two tabs--standard
and mobile--for his theme & stylesheet customization pages.  If the value
of this element is "false", the user will only see the standard tab, so
he'll have only one file to customize instead of two.  How does that sound?

I think it would be good to get this fix in before we release 5.1 because
it will be more difficult to fix in 5.1.1 when we would have to take
backward compatibility into account.

Regards,
Glen