Hi Dave, ROL-2039 is finished. The database changes I'm (now) aware of that we may wish to get done before we release 5.1:

1.) rename the "website" table to "weblog" (as its POJO is already named). This should be a trivial change, as we already have a macro for table renaming that we know works (it's in the 500-to-510 migration script for the old webpage table.)

2.) In the interface TemplateRendition, to have a one-element enumeration "VELOCITY" for the template language, just as I recently added the RenditionType enum. As I've seen time and again with Roller code, switching from string constants to enums does a very nice job of tightening up the Java code and enhancing its readability. As part of the migration from 5.0.x to 5.1.0, current instances of "velocity" will need to be updated to "VELOCITY", a very trivial update statement in the migration script. Switching to an enum though would have a drawback though of Roller no longer able to accept other values besides VELOCITY unless this enum is expanded due to the way JPA handles enums. (Perhaps not such a big deal, as anyone hacking Roller to be able to process another language can easily add that value to this enum anyway.)

3.) This could possibly wait until 5.1 is released, but we have no referential integrity between WEBLOG_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE and CUSTOM_TEMPLATE_RENDITION, also, our JPA is lacking the declared one-to-many and many-to-one relationships between the two tables -- Roller just updates and deletes these two tables independently. As-is, it's a little bit of a data model and a code smell.

If you want to take these over as part of other work you need to do, you're most welcome, else I can work on them tomorrow.

I tested the 5.0.4 upgrade process on Derby at least (you'll be doing MySQL as I understand) it seems to work fine except some app resource constants were removed as a result of my cleaning up the app resource files; namely, the button for edit may need to be updated to "generic.edit" if it's using any of the older xxx.edit strings. (All themes that Roller ships with have been updated, this is just for old custom themes.) We can also return some of the strings to the app resources files, but as lots of people have old string values I would rather just make a comment in the release notes that some template updates may be needed and keep our resources files to just what we need today.

Regards,
Glen