On 07/28/2014 09:39 AM, Gaurav Saini wrote:
Hello Matt,

Yes, definately I will add some widgets to the right. For now I have just made it in html so some rough mockup. There is a tree in the bottom (blog archive widget). I am planning to include that in the theme. What you think about it, wordpress and blogger already have this type of tree.

Sure, Gaurav, you still have https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROL-1982 on your plate, either for just this theme or if it can be designed in a generic way and included in our velocity/weblog.vm so any theme-user can add it if desired.

If you have some more ideas, Please let me know. I want to make it look great :)

Nice work. (And made with love, if I read the footer correctly! :) My suggestion, I would put blog archive and popular posts to the right so people don't have to scroll down to the bottom for that info. Humans don't like to read very wide paragraphs anyway so we have the real estate to the right. (But if the foundation layout can dump that stuff at the top or bottom for smart phone users that would be good.) "Rate this template" is OK to have but is not necessary if it ends up making the blog unsymmetric or too noisy. You'll see people using this template, and if/when they change it, you'll know what they like and don't like. :)

Cheers,
Glen