Hi team, we have a "users.sso.passwords.save" parameter in our roller.properties defined as follows:

# If you don't want user credentials from LDAP to be stored in Roller
# (possibly in clear-text) leave this alone, otherwise set to true.
# i.e. you would like a backup auth mechanism in case LDAP is down.
users.sso.passwords.save=false

Our security.xml does not support a fallback mechanism to rollerdb if LDAP is down, I doubt anyone wants to code that, and I'd rather we not be duplicating LDAP passwords within the Roller database anyway. It's a security issue to store passwords in multiple places, plus companies normally require LDAP passwords to be changed every couple of months or so, causing the LDAP passwords being stored in Roller to fall out of sync.

If a company's LDAP server is down they'll have bigger problems than their blog server, and if they want to use LDAP they should have a backup solution already in place in case their LDAP server goes down. WDYT?

Regards,
Glen