Hi team, I know we're trying to get 5.1 out but I see a nice database and code simplification possibility. The Roller team created the roller_userattribute table as part of the Roller 4.0 to 5.0 migration, but through the years we've never needed it for more than its original purpose of storing OpenID values, and since most aren't using OpenID, it's hardly ever used.

In createdb.vm, I'd like to add a nullable "openid" column in the roller_user table and just drop the roller_userattribute table, and recode the app to read that column. In the 500to510 migration script, I will keep this table in case users are using it for something else, but copy the openid values, if any, into roller_user. WDYT?

The latest blogging tools such as those that post to GitHub Pages as well as wiki products like JSPWiki don't even use databases, so I want to make sure we keep the signal-to-noise ratio of our database pretty high.

Regards,
Glen