OK, we've gone from:

         <templateCode>
            <type>standard</type>
            <templateLanguage>velocity</templateLanguage>
            <contentsFile>Weblog.vm</contentsFile>
        </templateCode>

to:

        <rendition [type="standard"|"mobile"]>
            <contentsFile>Weblog.vm</contentsFile>
<templateLanguage>velocity</templateLanguage>
        </rendition>

Type is now an attribute of rendition, like action is of template, with a default of "standard" so it needs to be provided only when having multiple renditions like the basic-mobile theme.

Glen