Let’s continue this discussion on the Royale dev list if possible.

I just implemented the first iteration of Validation. The implementation was
taken almost verbatim from the old Flex implementation. You can follow the
process of porting the code in the branch here. It should be educational.

https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/tree/feature/validation
<https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/tree/feature/validation>

Additionally I wrote some notes on the process (which is not yet finished) in
this Google Doc here. It notes differences in classic Flex architecture and the
new FlexJS/Royale architecture and why a direct port is not desirable.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HBh3jrYKtyGYM14wNGkMhqP0zF_O8c0iuaEeZmb3veE/edit?usp=sharing

<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HBh3jrYKtyGYM14wNGkMhqP0zF_O8c0iuaEeZmb3veE/edit?usp=sharing>

I hope it’s helpful in understanding how things are done. If you want to get
you hands dirty, we’re happy to help. :-)

Implementing ResourceManager will probably have related considerations. Do you
need to switch locales at runtime or do you just need to be able to specify a
locale? A lot of the Flex implementation of ResourceManager was designed to
deal with the former. I think the vast majority of uses probably only need the
latter. These are all things which need to be considered.

Thanks,
Harbs