Hi Alex,

my opinion here is different, since making different libraries for the same
purpose make the user task more complicated.
For example, for the case commented of touch vs mouse we could have only
one button component that will use conditional compilation to get mouse for
desktop and gestures for mobile. If not users ends with the need to create
different applications for each platform, and is in our hands to avoid that.

Some cases are easy, the button case could have different representations
in size thanks to CSS, but others are more complicated. Is the case of
DateChooser vs DateSpinner, but I think we should get a Date component that
could get both behaviours depending on what platform targets without the
need for the user to have different applications or the need of declare
different components.

Nowadays, to make an application to target different platforms and devices
is a nightmare, and if we make people to follow the same path we have in
Flex, we are not getting any improvement in that workflow. I think Flex
choose that path due to the implications already in place, the mx and spark
components where made before the mobile era, and was not prepared for that.

We are planning the components in this days and we could change that.

At least, for me this would be another key factor to choose Apache Royale
over other solutions.

Just my 2cnts...