Following our "study" of "StackedViewManager" source code, we were wondering
why many class/methods/events... in Apache Royale are deliberately named
with different names than in the Flex SDK.

(for example, "StackedViewManager" instead of "ViewStack", "selectedView"
property instead of "selectedChild", "SelectedIndexChanged" event instead of
"IndexChangedEvent"...).

Is this kind of a guideline that we should follow ? Does it have any
technical reasons ? (name collisions ?), or maybe legal ?

Or maybe it's just a developer's choice without any other meaning ?

We intend to (more or less) "replicate" Flex components and we thought it
would be nice to keep as much as possible from Flex SDK syntax. But maybe
that is not a good idea ??

Nicolas Granon