Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your detailed post.

I don’t have time right now to address all of the points you raised, but what
you wrote in the following extract strikes me as inaccurate.

>For example Jewel Slider is based on input range, while Basic Slider is
>build with two buttons. So even ISlider interfaces are different in Basic
>than in Jewel.
>So key point here: final implementations should not depend one from another
>since any changes in the code of the parent will affect the children.

Basic Slider does not depend on Button, SliderView does. Why not just implement
a different SliderView and extend Slider as is? Conversely, if you think Slider
should not have a view (I think it was designed that way for IE compatibility)
why not fix it in Basic? Also, will swf be supported? If so, how will it be
different from the Basic implementation?

I’m concerned that breaking dependencies from Basic is a challenge on the
original design goals of Royale. As I understand it, these design goals include
being platform agnostic, supporting old browsers, and using composition (view
as a bead) as a means of specializing classes. If you don’t believe these are
valid goals that’s fair enough, but I think it should be stated clearly. Maybe
Basic needs fixing.

Yishay