There is something I’ve been struggling with:

AS3 does not have “typed” arrays. The closest it has is Vectors. The problem
with vectors is two-fold. First of all, the cross compiler uses Language to
construct the vector rather than simply declaring an array. This could probably
be fixed though. The second problem is that it’s awkward converting between
arrays and vectors. This is especially problematic when you want to “cast” an
array retrieved from say JSON to a typed Vector. It’s also a problem if you
want to use Array features such as map and the like.

I’m not sure what the right solution to improving this would be. Expand Vector
to allow arrays and Vectors to be cast as each other? Create a new “array type"
declaration (i.e. var arr:String[] = [“foo”,”baz”];)? Something else?

Thoughts?
Harbs