Hi

Something that Dany Dhondt wrote recently, about using the "fullcalendar" React
component, got me to wondering how easy it was to wrap these sorts of third
party components into Royale.

The answer turned out to be: it's pretty straightforward. I'm not sure I've
used the best approach (no 'typedefs' or anything) but I've created some
wrapper classes that can be used from MXML to drop in a calendar component and
add events etc. Lots of extra work to do to get it to the stage where it's as
functional as the JS/React etc versions, but the lack here is (a) time and (b)
documentation (I can't see a full API for the various FullCalendar classes..!)

Hope it's useful for folk to see how quickly this can be done...

https://github.com/ajwfrost/royale-playground/tree/master/CalendarProject
(the wrapper classes are in src/io/fullcalendar, and the mxml file that uses
them is just src/CalendarProject.mxml .. I've been using Moonshine and just
uploaded the whole project so there's lots of irrelevant files in there too!)

thanks

   Andrew