I stumbled on Josh's post on How to transpile AS3 to node js here, https://royale.codeoscopic.com/hello-node-how-to-transpile-actionscript-for-node-js/ and see he has a config option set to "node". Interestingly, I added this option to the example here and code intelligence was available for node.js variables and classes.

But I think they are for the Main process. In the Royale example I use:

   window["require"] and window["require"]("electron") to get around compiler errors

It would be great to add the Renderer process code intelligence to the Royale projects if anyone knows how.

Jude