Yes, me :-)

I'm pushing Royale internally, I think it has a lot of promise - although I
still do find it a little frustrating at times internally! In terms of what
support you can give, the sorts of things you're already doing are great, but
yes it might mean we lean a little more on this mailing list if we're facing
tricky issues.

We have one sales case in particular at the moment which has the potential to
be very big, we're hoping they move forwards with a proof of concept project
which would take a small part of their app and port this to Royale. A few
issues we've found so far from investigations:
- their flex code is embedding icons that are contained within a SWF. Royale
compiler didn't seem to like this, not sure whether it's just syntax or whether
we need to pull all the assets out (not a big job, we can automate that..)
- they have binding using functions e.g.
text="{localizationHelper.getString('fieldName')}", which caused an issue when
generating the JavaScript code as the string-within-a-string seemed to upset
the parser. We can look at this later perhaps though..
- when we got it compiling, the main thing was with responsiveness i.e. trying
to get the app to resize and for all the internal elements to then resize. We
may use the MX emulation classes for this but it still looked like more support
is needed - although we only looked briefly at this.

Once those issues are sorted though, we would have one big task (to recreate a
very advanced data grid control that they'd developed in Flex/Flash) and a lot
of the rest - around the AS3 logic - should fall into place! I'm hoping we can
convince them to go with this solution..

thanks

   Andrew