I have not really used Express, apart from an attempt to use it for a Crux
example where I had some difficulty with the renderer set up for DataGrid,
which (at that time) I worked around quickly with a monkey patch in the
example instead of investigating the problem at the source.

I want to get rid of the monkey patch, and fix that example.

The issue appears to be that the Express Datagrid model uses ArrayList as
dataProvider, but the default render factory creates renderers that expect
Array as dataProvider, so this combination seems wrong. I wanted to check
this because I really have had zero experience with Express.... and based
on the css it seems like this was intended to be addressed using 'typeName'
lookup for the rendererfactory but that seems not to be working.

I can address the issue by doing the following in Express:

1)
Adding the following to express-manifest.xml :

<component id="DataGridColumnList"
class="org.apache.royale.html.supportClasses.DataGridColumnList"
lookupOnly="true" />

2. Changing the following in Express defaults.css :

.DataGridColumnList { ...styles follow

(remove '.') to:

 DataGridColumnList { ...styles follow

Those 2 small changes appear to fix the issue, but I'm not sure if it is
'correct' for Express. Is this how it is intended to be?