Replying to your email on the other thread:

Currently the Maven release is able to produce a full Apache release including
convenience binary distributions for Maven, Ant and IDE usage.

The Ant build probably currently couldn't create and deploy the maven artifacts
on its own however.
But it should be possible to extend the Ant targets to just copy pom and jar
files to a given directory structure and then batch-deploy that.

The question remaining is, are you folks insisting on some of the things you
added on top of what Apache requires. Some things like binary reproducibility
are (from my point of view) nice to have and I couldn't see any discussion or
vote on if the project is wanting to even do reproducible releases. Another
"requirement" is that a release must be done on the CI server ... where has
this been discussed and voted on?

Why "must" a RM built with all supported build systems and not just be able to
choose the one he wants? I mean, even a RM is supposed to do the normal RC
checking before voting (I have cancelled several of my own RCs as when doing
this I noticed things).

I get the reasoning behind the CI server steps being setup years ago, but I
always understood it's an option not a mandatory rule and I think the
impediments for creating releases locally have been reduced dramatically.

Chris