Hi,

that's the problem I was talking in the other thread. While a release
process goes, we are stuck, for that reason I was proposing to do release
from a branch, that is something totally legit and will make the rest of
contributors free to continue work. As gitflow indicates, when release is
completed, is merged against develop to upgrade all versions to the right
state.

Maybe not for this, but next release should consider this, since our
release use to last some days. Other projects that release more fast could
do in the actual way since people will not notice.