Hi,

I was talking with Chris about what options we have to get builds on Apache.

It seems that we can get a linux agent to run the builds and he's happy to
help there.
He can set up this in almost no time, so we can have this done very soon.

The downside is that running SWF tests probably will not be possible as
well as set up with ANT. In this case that should be just Maven.

I know this could be a problem for some of you, but I think that shouldn't
stop us from setting up that agent, so we can rely on official apache
infrastructure.

In summary, that will mean in the end that SWF will still be served from
Alex's Azure server while JS can be served from our official Apache agent.
For me, a significant step forward. So moving forward at least the JS build
will make our builds more reliable and supported, and that's a good thing
for Royale and for all the users.

In the end, the real impact will be that the link for JS builds in our site
will change and point to the url of our official apache build agent,
while the SWF remains unchanged.

If nobody opposes, I'll ask Chris to request the apache build agente and
set it up.

Thoughts?

Apache Member & Apache Royale PMC
*Apache Software Foundation*