“jQuery” is technically more “correct” as that’s the official name.

Also, the type in Actionscript is “jQuery” and not “JQuery”.

For users of ANT or asconfigc, the capitalization should not matter because in
normal use, the library SWC is not referenced directly.

My understanding from you is that changing the capitalization will break things
for users of Maven.

That seems to me like an argument to change it to “JQuery” for all builds,
although making a change in a pom for users who have the dependency is probably
not a big deal. Making it capital would make the swc file name and the type
name not match.

I don’t have a strong opinion one way or the other, but those seem to be the
sides of the question to me. It does make sense to me that all builds should
have matching file names and capitalizations. If I was forced to pick one, I’d
probably pick “jQuery”, but like I said I don’t care very much.

My $0.02,
Harbs