Hi Harbs,

just try with different examples and in mobile browsers to check it works
as expected, and change if you thing we improve over older code.
I remember problems with particular button configuration in mobile
browsers, and could be related to this, but can't now remember exactly what
was about.

El mié, 24 feb 2021 a las 14:55, Harbs (<harbs.li...@gmail.com>) escribió:

> In trying to figure out why something was not working in my app, I
> discovered that I believe the code in MouseEvent.buttonDown is wrong.
>
> MouseEvent has the following code:
>
> public function get buttonDown():Boolean
> {
>     return button > -1 && button < 3;
> }
>
> While BrowserEvent has the following more complex code:
> public function get buttonDown():Boolean
> {
>     if(_buttons > -1)
>         return _buttons == 1;
>     var ev:* = wrappedEvent.getBrowserEvent();
>     //Safari does not yet support buttons
>     if ('buttons' in ev)
>         return ev["buttons"] == 1;
>     return ev["which"] == 1;
> }
>
> AIUI, button while never be -1. Both the left button and no button will be
> 0.
>
> There’s also a difference in proposed behavior. In MouseEvent, any button
> would theoretically return true, while BrowserEvent will only return true
> if the left button is pressed.
>
> Any objections to changing MouseEvent to match BrowserEvent?
>
> Thanks,
> Harbs

Apache Member & Apache Royale PMC
*Apache Software Foundation*